McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury can be life-changing in many ways, and depending on the circumstances, it can take years to fully recover both physically and emotionally. Moreover, medical bills and property damage can quickly skyrocket, which only adds to the stress. However, what you may not realize is that you have the option to pursue a claim that may garner you damages to help with these unexpected expenses.
Dale R. Rose is a premier McKinney personal injury lawyer with an extensive track record of success in this practice area who may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of McKinney Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury lawyer Dale R. Rose has experience handling various types of personal injury cases. He is a passionate and fierce advocate for accident victims and will pursue all avenues to reach a favorable outcome. Below are some of the more common personal injury claim types in McKinney, TX.
Drivers are very susceptible to personal injuries due to the prevalence of car accidents. A car accident may result from another driver speeding, engaging in distractions, or driving drunk. Whatever the cause of the collision is, the consequences may be severe.
Trucks are much larger than passenger vehicles, and colliding with one can be devastating. Additionally, truck accident claims can be more complex since multiple parties might be responsible for the accident. For example, both a truck driver and the trucking company might be negligent in causing a crash if the driver was fatigued, but their employer forced them to work over the regulated hours.
Despite making up only a small percentage of vehicles on the road, motorcyclists are much more likely to be involved in a crash. Additionally, motorcyclists are more likely to sustain a severe injury, such as a traumatic brain injury or internal organ damage.
Premises Liability Accidents
Property owners must keep their guests safe from any hazards. For example, a store must notify shoppers if they recently mopped the floor by placing a “wet floor” sign. Additionally, the property owner must make all reasonable efforts to fix the potential hazard as soon as possible. If a property owner fails to do this, they might be responsible for an accident on their property.
Common Injuries Resulting from Personal Injury Accidents
While an accident can happen in just a few seconds, the complications that may result from one can last a lifetime. Because personal injuries run the gamut from car accidents to medical malpractice to animal bites, injuries may manifest in many different forms. Seeing a doctor is paramount as you may not even realize the extent of the injury in those initial moments after the incident occurs. Getting medical attention as soon as possible benefits your health and your claim. Insurance representatives tend to interpret not seeking medical care as you not having suffered any of your injuries, giving them a reason to deny or reduce your claim.
Do not risk your chances of losing out on compensation for your accident-related expenses—see a doctor. They might be able to diagnose these common injuries:
- Whiplash: When another car hits your vehicle, you might jolt forward or backward. The sudden and often violent thrusting may pull muscles, ligaments, or tendons. When the pulling occurs in the neck, you might suffer from whiplash.
- Traumatic brain injury: Head injuries are common after an accident and may cause severe and immediate complications for victims. If left untreated, a traumatic brain injury may lead to permanent injury or death. Even a concussion can have lasting effects.
- Broken bones: Breaking a bone, such as an arm, leg, hip, or ankle, is common in personal injury accidents. The severity will range depending on the break. For example, some broken bones might only require a cast, while severe breaks may require surgery to fix.
- Scrapes, cuts, and bruises: You might suffer from scrapes, cuts, or bruises following an auto accident or slip and fall. While these injuries might not seem severe, they may be a sign of an internal injury.
Most accident victims make the mistake of putting their trust in the insurance company to help cover the costs of their injuries. Do not trust that the other driver’s insurance company wants to help you. Remain cautious when talking to any insurance carrier and never offer to give a recorded statement. In fact, it is best to consult with a personal injury attorney immediately after filing the police report and seeking medical attention.
What Compensation May I Receive for My Injuries?
Remember, you are not guaranteed a payout just because you sustained a personal injury. To secure a settlement, you and your McKinney personal injury lawyer must show sufficient evidence that the other party’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries. If we can prove negligence, we should be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Therapy costs
- In-home rehabilitation
- Medical equipment
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
In some rare cases, a court may award you punitive or exemplary damages. Juries and judges do this when the defendant’s behavior was grossly reckless or negligent.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help My Case?
A McKinney personal injury attorney can significantly increase the chances of a successful resolution in your case. Texas personal injury law can be complex and confusing, especially for those with no legal background in this practice area. Even the slightest misstep can cost you any settlement monies you might have otherwise received. This is one of the reasons so many clients have placed their trust in Dale R. Rose.
Relying on a thorough approach to proving your personal injury claim, the Dale R. Rose legal team will execute the following process:
- Investigation: We will launch a thorough investigation into your accident and injuries. Throughout the investigation, we will look for evidence and obtain records that may help establish fault and liability.
- Negotiation: Insurance companies often offer low settlement amounts, but Dale R. Rose can negotiate with these companies. Throughout settlement negotiations, you can be confident that he will always act with your best interests in mind.
- Litigation: If the insurance company continues to offer low settlements, we may suggest taking the case to trial. If this happens, Dale R. Rose will prepare your case and represent you throughout the court proceedings.
- Personalization: Most importantly, we deliver personalized services to all of our clients. We understand that this is a difficult time for you, and we tailor our services, representation, and solutions to meet your needs.
Having a skilled lawyer on your side can help ensure you receive your deserved settlement. Opting to go without an attorney can put you at risk of not receiving a settlement at all.
Contact an Experienced McKinney Personal Injury Lawyer Today
As a qualified personal injury attorney in McKinney, TX, Dale R. Rose has the skill and expertise necessary to effectively handle your personal injury claim. With three decades of experience as a licensed personal injury lawyer in Texas and more than 155 jury trials to his credit, he has helped countless clients get the compensation they deserve. He may be able to help you get the same outcome.
To learn more about our services, call (972) 634-7673 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.